Moyer RAP


Moyer RAP Brochure

What is the Carl Moyer Rural Assistance Program (Moyer RAP)?

The Moyer RAP provides monetary grants to individuals, private companies and public agencies that clean up their heavy-duty engines more than required by air pollution regulations. To qualify for Moyer RAP funding, existing vehicles must comply with all currently applicable air quality regulations.

What types of projects qualify for the Moyer RAP?

Eligible projects may include the re-powering or retrofitting of existing engines and vehicles, as well as the purchase of new low-emission engines or vehicles. Eligible project types include:

onroad On-Road heavy-duty vehicles (> 14,000 lbs. gross vehicle weight)
– On-Road Equipment (retrofit only – small fleet) Application 
offroad Off-Road heavy-duty equipment
(e.g. construction and farm equipment, compression-ignition and large spark-ignition; this excludes generators)
– Compression Ignition Equipment Application
– Large Spark Ignition (LSI) Equipment Application
ag Agricultural Sources (i.e. irrigation pumps) Application
V.I.P. Voucher Incentive Program (contact your local air district for more information)

Ineligible projects include generators.

How can I apply for a Moyer RAP grant?
Please review the Instruction Sheet and fill out the appropriate application using the links above.

How is the size of the Moyer RAP grant determined?
Moyer RAP grants are based on the “incremental cost” and the emission benefits of the project. The “incremental cost” refers to the portion of the project cost associated with purchasing and utilizing equipment sooner than otherwise required. The maximum funding amount will not exceed $100,000 per grant.

How are projects selected?
Projects are ranked in order of cost effectiveness and other factors such as geographic location and previous applications submitted.

How is the program administered?
The projects will be administered by the air quality agency in the area in which the project is located. The district will provide a contract, do the necessary inspections, and provide the funds.

Where can I get more information about Moyer RAP?
For additional information, contact Kathryn Coke (916) 441-5700 or

Or visit: